Monday, November 25, 2013

November Favorites

Hello lovelies!

My favorites this month will be short and sweet. A lot of these products I want to do more in depth reviews on, so I won't talk about them too much here. There's also not a lot of makeup this month. Shocker! I know. I've been really focused on my skin care. I've been slacking and my face is letting me know. :) Let's get started.




First is the Noxema Ultimate Clear Anti-Blemish pads. They're around $5 for 90 pads. I have been using these since high school so for at least ten years. They're presoaked in a solution of 2% salicylic acid and take the place of a toner. I use one in the morning after washing my face and one at night after washing. They work so well. I hardly ever even get hormonal pimples. My skin is also incredibly soft. The only con to these is the smell. It is so strong and can make your eyes burn if you get to close. That's not enough to deter me, however.




Next I have the Maybelline Flash Clean Makeup Removing Lotion ($5). I'm not entirely sure why I bought this. I'm a huge fan of their makeup removing wipes, but the last few times I've been to Ulta, they were sold out. This product you massage on to your face like a cleanser, then wipe it clean with a cotton pad. It doesn't remove all of the makeup, but it does a decent job and leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized. I usually use it after I've washed and used a makeup wipe already. I'll most likely be repurchasing.




I strayed from my beloved Olay products (that I've also been using for ten-ish years) and purchased the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for combination skin. Again, I'm not sure what drew me to this product instead of repurchasing my usual moisturizer, but I'm very glad I did. It says "clinically proven to normalizing combination skin by moisturizing dry areas while controlling shine in oily areas." You guys. I haven't had to set my t-zone with a powder or use a primer since switching to this stuff. It is amazing. If I had one negative thing to say, I would say it's not as moisturizing as I'd like it to be, but to fix that I've bumped up my night cream to something a little heavier. Big fan.



I'm also been obsessed with thickening my hair. I have an in depth review of the Nick Chavez Plump N' Thick line coming so all I'm going to say here is WOW!




Batiste Dry Shampoo is another must have. I have a review here: http://havemascarawt.blogspot.com/2013/11/review-batiste-dry-shampoo.html
Check it out


Now on to the makeup!



Maybelline Baby Lips Dr Rescue ($4.29). I've always been a fan of the Baby Lips, but the new line with menthol and eucalyptus for hydration and soothing are amazing. They feel so good on the lips. They do have a strong scent which may turn some people off but I find it relaxing. The tints are nice and neutral for a pretty wash of color. I've been loving Pink Pout the most.




Benefit Eye Bright Pencil ($20)
This is meant to be used as an under eye brightener, but I find it's a little too cool and pink toned for me. It looks unnatural. However, as a brow sculpter and highlighter it's amazing. It brightens up the area and gives it a nice lift while defining and cleaning up any mistakes you've made. It also looks nice in the inner corner of the eye.



My new favorite way to fill in my brows is with the Benefit Brow Zings ($30). It is a wax/powder duo that fills in and sets for an all day natural look. I don't like the little mini brushes that come in the kit. They're too stiff, but the mini tweezers are adorable and function well. I have a more in depth review of this come as well so stay tuned.



I also have a new favorite mascara which I think is a great drugstore dupe for one of my high end favorites. It's the Rimmel Glam Eyes ($6.29). It's everything I want in a mascara. More in depth review coming for this as well.

Clearly I need to get to bloggin'! Thanks for reading, loves. If I don't get another post up before, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Much love XoXo

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Maybelline makeup remover too. And I'm also a fan of the baptiste dry shampoo and baby lips. Those are some great faves girl! Finally followed your blog too btw! (Aka Thesaltlifewife from IG) ;))

    ReplyDelete