Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Review: Batiste Dry Shampoo

Hello lovelies!

In the last six months or so I have become completely addicted to dry shampoo. Once I gave up washing my hair every day, my fine lifeless hair needed something to give it a boost between washings. I have tried so many different brands from drug store to high end, but nothing is as amazing as Batiste.



It retails for $7.99 at Ulta. There are a wide range of scents from nothing to Wild which is what I'm currently using. It also comes in tinted formulas for light and dark hair. The packaging is fun and crazy. It definitely makes you want to reach for it. The smell can be a bit overwhelming. I'd probably consider a different one next time.

The mist from the aerosol can is super fine but it comes out very powerful. It may be easy to use a bit too much. However, after I spray this around the crown and rub it all in my hair seriously looks freshly washed. The dry shampoo soaks up the oil quickly without leaving a nasty powdery white residue. It also really pumps up my roots. I've tried Tressemee, several types by Suave, Big Sexy Hair, Garnier, Bed Head, and a few others and this is by far the best.

What's your favorite dry shampoo?

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this brand!

    I have a few questions, though. :)

    I've been washing every other day with either dry shampoo on off days or getting my hair wet and wearing it curly. I have a bad habit of putting my hair in a pony tail the minute I come home which limits my styling options. What do you do with yours overnight?

    I'm still not entirely used to the grunge hair feeling. Does that get easier? Or am I not using enough dry shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mandy :)

      I used to throw my hair up in a bun every night when I slept, but my stylist advised me to stop doing so because it was causing a lot of breakage at the crown. Now I either let it hang loose or will do a lose side braid if it's warmer outside. Honestly, I find myself waking up to twist it off my neck frequently. It's hard to not put it up :)

      The grunge feeling does get better. Your scalp is still adjusting to not being stripped of it's natural oils every day. It may also be the type of dry shampoo you're using. Some leave a gritty residue that I'm not a big fan of. Let me know what you think of the Batiste! I think it will change your life :)

      Delete