Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Favorites

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10020791/?claim=2mq36xmynzv">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Hello lovelies!

The month of October has flown by! I have a good mix of oldies I've been showing love to and some new products I adore to share with you. Let's get right to it.






First up is a new night time moisturizer from Boots. It's the No 7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream ($13.99). My skin was out of control for a few weeks. I couldn't decide if it was hormones, weather, or what. I was breaking out all over and extra oily. The major difference in my skin care routine was the absence my Olay night time moisturizer. I had run out and didn't repurchase. I came to the conclusion that my skin was actually dry and I needed to add the heavier moisturizer back in at night. The No 7 was on sale at Ulta so I grabbed it. What a difference! My skin is soft and supple and looks healthy and radiant. I will definitely be repurchasing this.





That same Ulta trip I also purchased a couple Revlon foundations to try. Even though I've only used the Nearly Naked ($9.99) three times it is probably my new favorite. It's incredibly lightweight on the skin but it has such full coverage it's amazing. I got shade 110 Ivory and it matches my skin perfectly. Despite the full coverage, this foundation actually looks like your skin with a nice satin finish. My t-zone does get slightly oily by the end of the day but it still looks natural. I haven't had to repowder yet. This is good stuff y'all!





Although the heavy highlighted and contoured look is not as trendy this season, it is still my favorite look for me. I've been using my Blank Canvas Cosmetics Contour palette ($15) like crazy this past month. I love using the white powder to set my under eye concealer to really brighten up the area. It does not cake and keeps my concealer from creasing. The deepest bronzer is my favorite to contour with. It's not too warm on my pale skin. The two peachy shades are beautiful natural blushes. This is such a versatile palette and one of the best purchases I ever made.






Allow me to continue my love affair with Jane for a few. I'm obsessed with the Multi-Colored Illuminating Powder ($12). I haven't touched my beloved Mary-Loumanizer since purchasing this. The powder is so finely milled it feels like silk on the skin. You can customize it for any look with the different shades. The rose gold color is divine, or you can go true gold and even champagne. It's shimmery but natural looking. I can't say enough good things.




I'm also digging the Jane Intense Color Lip Gloss in the color In Awe ($4). It's the perfect deep burgandy color for fall. You can build and intensify the color like crazy. It's not sticky and holy crap does it last. Lately I've been putting it over a merlot lipstick for that dark vixen look.




I've recently pulled out my Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel again in the color brunette ($22). My hair has faded considerably and this is the perfect color to match my brows to this weird blond/brown shade. It also looks very natural on the brows, holding them in place all day without making them look stiff.


















I use the Naked Basics palette ($27) for everything. I mean everything. The shade Venus is the prettiest hightlight I have ever seen for either the browbone or cheek bone. I use Naked 2 and Faint to fill in my brows. Crave is fantastic as an eyeliner. WOS and Foxy are great base shadows or blending colors. Naked Basics is a nice complement to the rest of the Naked line because it's cooler toned where the others are fairly warm. This is a great all around palette and totally worth the money.









Lastly is this Bodycology fragrance Enchanted Forest ($3.99). Every time I wear this I get so many compliments and even told I smell enchanting. It's a mix of jasmine, nutmeg, and musk. It's to die for. Great for day to day wear. Very refreshing.



That's it from me lovelies. Look for a couple reviews in the next few days. XoXo



No comments:

Post a Comment