Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: Revlon Photo Ready Foundation

Hello lovelies!

I went to Ulta a couple weeks ago with the intent of trying new drugstore foundations. I bought two by Revlon: the Photo Ready and the Nearly Naked. Neither of these are new products, but they fall on the pricier end of drugstore so it's taken me awhile to get to them.

The Photo Ready in shade Ivory is a dead match for my skin. I hate admitting that I am so pale I'm ghostly, but it's true. Blending it in was a breeze with my flat top kabuki. I also tried a beauty blender but did not like the result as much. The first day I didn't use a primer or anything special. When my makeup was finished it looked beautiful and flawless. The coverage is a solid medium and build-able to full. I was happy.

Then around the four hour mark, I wasn't so happy. My t-zone was so unbelievably oily it was disgusting. The foundation had slipped around my nose and had caked in certain areas. Luckily, I had a buffing brush with me to even it all out. I was so disappointed because the foundation was gorgeous on my skin.

The next day I tried it with the Benefit Porefessional underneath to hopefully help with the oiliness. It didn't. I was still a shiny strobe light by the end of the day. I set with powder and a make up setting spray. No change.

On my first day off from work since trying this product, I decided to give it one more chance before throwing in the towel. Since I wasn't in a rush to make it to work on time, I spend extra time on my skin. I paid close attention to how the product was covering and settling into my face. Then I realized, I had been using way too much. A little bit goes a very very long way. One pump, ladies and gents. That's all it takes compared to my beloved Cover Girl Outlast which takes 2 1/2-3 to cover this mug.

I've worn it every day since. I still get a touch oily on the nose but this isn't a mattifying foundation by any means. Nothing a little powder can't fix. If you like a fuller coverage dewy finish then you'll like this product. The shade range is fantastic. I would say this is a pretty good dupe for the Makeup Forever HD Foundation.

What're your thoughts on this product? Let me know! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment